Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reality

Can I be completely honest? I am freaking out! I am SO excited.  The REALITY is that nothing has changed, not really. We are still waiting with no news of an impending match. Yet, something has changed.  Maybe it is just the fact that time has continued to march on and we are closer to a match by virtue of the fact that approximately 60 families ahead of us have been matched.  Maybe it is the events that we have on our calendar that pertain to our adoption that makes it feel more real. Fundraisers, classes to attend, books on my hold list that are ready to be picked up at the library.

Last weekend I attended an Adoption Fair through Adoption Mosaic. (Adoption Mosaic is awesome, check them out!) I walked away knowing that a great deal of resources are at my fingertips.  I have felt so overwhelmed by all that I have to learn. I have to learn about skin and hair. I have to learn all I can about her first home and keep it alive for her as much as possible.
Then there are the other pieces that have to come together...transitioning to a family of 6. Where will she sleep? Will she need to be in our room or will she share a room with Kylee? Crib? Toddler bed? What size of clothes do I need to have ready? What kind of foods? And the list goes on.

We are getting closer! Time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment